A good communication strategy is at the heart of any successful change management process. It is important that an effective communication strategy is defined about the reasons, the benefits, the plans and proposed effects of that change.
The communication strategy needs to address the key questions
- What are the objectives?
- What are the key messages?
- Who are we trying to reach?
- What information will be communicated?
- When will information be disseminated, and what are the relevant timings?
- How much information will be provided, and to what level of detail?
- What mechanisms will be used to disseminate information?
- How will feedback be encouraged?
- What will be done as a result of feedback?
The key to communicating is to use multiple platforms or media to communicate the same message. Leaders will probably have to communicate the same message three to six times, before the message is heard and understood.
Effective communication – The hidden power of words
A blind and homeless man sits by the side of a building hoping for some spare change, but no one seems to notice him or care.
A stranger walks by and changes the message on his sign and suddenly the homeless man’s fortunes change. Watch this extremely good video about the importance of how you communicate things.
Short URL & title:
Words can have a great impact on change — http://www.torbenrick.eu/t/r/tah
If you enjoyed this article, please take 5 seconds to share it on your social network. Thanks!