Flash mob protest against BP
Through a Facebook page a flash mob was arranged at the BP station on Houston and Lafayette in New York City.
The Facebook page outlined all the details for the protest:
- The event is from 6:00 – 6:15- don’t be early, don’t be late – this is the MOST IMPORTANT THING
- Bring black water (easiest way is to mix all different food coloring dyes together)
- We do not have a permit for this protest. However, it is not unlawful. If we stay on the sidewalk, not destroying anything, remain peaceful, and leave the when the police tell us to.
- There will lawyers present make sure the police don’t break the law.
- Spectators must not gather around the station till the event actually starts at 6. Please do not show up early or late
A multi-generational crowd of approximately 200 people attended the flash mob. Some dripped with fake oil made of chocolate and water-based paint, while others wore pictures of fish on their heads.
Clean up, don’t cover up
Protesters waved signs “Clean up, don’t cover up” and chanted “BP your heart is black, you can have your oil back.”
The original plan was for protesters to walk into the gas station at 6 p.m. and start pouring oil on themselves. But the police put a barricade around the station, making it impossible for them to enter.
Short URL & Title:
Facebook used to arrange flash mob — https://www.torbenrick.eu/t/r/mar
If you enjoyed this article, please take 5 seconds to share it on your social network. Thanks!